Thanks Erick for donating this rad t-shirt :)
There are a lot of t-shirt revamp projects tutorials out there, but I think only few of them choose to switch the t-shirt into a functional bag.
This is how I start it:
- I cut the T-shirt by using the neckline as the main reference for the handle and the bag opening. And the patterns are shown below:
1. Basic Bag Pattern
2. Left and Right side pattern along with the base
3. Upper Pattern
4. Pocket Pattern
- Next thing to do is sewing the basic bag pattern into a foam layer. And don't forget to add the pockets patterns into one side.
this is the front side
this is the back side
- Put a short wood or any type of hard object for the bag's handles inside the upper pattern.
- Here is how it looks from the back:
- Now use the rest of the unused fabric and foam layer to make a big bow for the zipper. Then sew the zipper at the bag's closure.
This cute bag is available for sale in the products section :)
check it out there!